Panasonic Australia 2011 Product Launch

Some exciting times ahead for me this week. I have been invited to the Panasonic 2011 Product Launch in Sydney, Australia.

How did  I get invited to this industry-only event, you ask? Well, I didn't bribe anyone. I didn't mug someone for their passes. All I did was become part of the Panasonic Insider project with The Soup.

Panasonic Insider is an initiative by Panasonic Australia to give technophiles a way of singing the virtues of their consumer electronics. The initiative primarily uses Facebook as its interaction point. Soupers (that is what Soup members are called) gain access to the insiders portal, where they can discuss products and help others with buying decisions. After all, the best recommendation for consumer technology is often one from a trusted friend. Not a salesperson.

Soup asked its Insiders what they wanted out of being a Panasonic Insider. I made the comment that if I was to feel like a true insider, then I need to see the products first before anyone else does. Looks like Soup and Panasonic Australia took my feedback on board.

I completed a survey from Soup asking whether I would like to enter a competition to be invited to an industry-only launch in Sydney. Naturally I used all my persuasive powers as a writer to convince them how passionate I am about new technology. Seems like I was quite convincing. It's not a lie either: I am fiercely passionate about technology, but usually can't afford to splash out on much anymore now we have a little one.

I'll be winging my way down to Sydney on a QANTAS budgie, and staying at an upmarket central city hotel. All expenses paid.

The event is being held in the Moore Park Entertainment Quarter. Launch events like this are usually reserved for those people such as Harvey Norman, JB Hi-Fi, and other major retailers. I'm going to be getting amongst it big time while I'm down there. I'll be tweeting live, and getting heaps of photographs of all the new shiny.

So if you want to get a sneak peek of what Panasonic will be tempting you with in the stores this year, follow @jaredmorgs on Wednesday 11th May AEST.

I'll be providing more in-depth blog entries about the event, and what I saw that made my jaw drop. I'll also try to get some video, and push it up to youTube when I'm in range of a WiFi connection.

Would be great if they were giving out free tech as well. ;) Well, you can only hope. ;)
You have read this article #panasonic2011launch with the title Panasonic Australia 2011 Product Launch. You can bookmark this page URL http://azaquery.blogspot.com/2011/05/panasonic-australia-2011-product-launch.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Panasonic Australia 2011 Product Launch"

Post a Comment