Nokia Care Brisbane. Time For a Second Chance

Last night I determined that the power button on my Nokia N8 was not working.

I hard reset the phone, and the fault was confirmed. I could not turn on the phone by any means.

Luckily I had an alarm set for my wake up call this morning which forced the phone to boot and I was able to select "Turn Phone On" from the alarm menu (great thinking Nokia for adding in this failsafe).

This is the second Nokia N8 I have had to send in for service. I have to say the N8 is probably the worst handset I have ever owned from Nokia as far as hardware reliability goes.

So off I go to the Nokia Care Centre in Brisbane at 9am when they open. You might remember I had a pretty woeful customer service experience there the first time I had to check my N8 in for mainboard replacement.

I really hope that Nokia Care Brisbane has instituted some customer service training since my last visit. Either way I'll let you know once my phone has been fixed/replaced/upgraded.

It should be as simple as replacing the h/w power switch on the mainboard. Whether it is easier to just replace the phone and fix the switch afterwards, I'll leave that up to the great techs at Nokia Care.

UPDATE: Submitted for Repair

Much better experience than last time. Was greeted by Elaine this time.

Elaine explained to me that my phone was 2 days out of warranty, but the great thing was that she was able to organise the phone to be repaired under warranty. I really appreciated this, and I want to thank Elaine for bending the rules in this case.

Elaine also organised a loan handset for me (for a refundable deposit of $100). While it was an E71 (certainly a jump back from the N8, and it took me a while to get used to the interface after S60v5 and S^3), it was much better to get the loaner than be without a phone for up to three days (the maximum time Nokia Care will take to repair the phone, according to their charter).

Elaine did mention that while the charter said up to three days, she said that if the fix was an easy one, it may be ready by this afternoon. That's a pretty good turnaround.

I'll keep you posted on the result: positive or negative.

UPDATE: Fixed within a Day!

Great job Nokia Care Brisbane. I received a call the same day to confirm my phone was ready for collection.

The fault was a mechanical failure of the Power switch. They also reformatted the phone to remove a lock-up fault I experienced when trying to transfer my files off the phone in Mass Storage mode (unfortunately I lost some photos/videos).

CUSTOMER SERVICE: A+

Nokia Care Brisbane really has instituted some staff training, and I can't speak highly enough of the staff and the way they assisted me with this problem. This was a completely different experience from when I was basically chastised for being a blogger and speaking ill of them when the N8 had a complete mainboard failure.

You have read this article Nokia Care / Nokia N8 with the title Nokia Care Brisbane. Time For a Second Chance. You can bookmark this page URL http://azaquery.blogspot.com/2011/11/nokia-care-brisbane-time-for-second.html. Thanks!

No comment for "Nokia Care Brisbane. Time For a Second Chance"

Post a Comment